In respect of this Visiting Professorship, the Institute of Commonwealth Studies will pay:
- For the cost of return travel to London (economy class) from the holder’s point of origin at the start and end of the period of tenure;
- For the cost of the Visiting Professor’s internal travel within the UK to regional UK universities, as well as hotel accommodation and reasonable subsistence associated with such travel;
- For the cost of residential accommodation in a property owned and managed by the University of London (arrangements will be made by the Institute);
- Reasonable office costs incurred as during the tenure, including office materials, stationery, phone calls, photocopying, printing and postage; and
- A monthly stipend of £1,000 GBP*
It should be noted that the above payments do not preclude the Visiting Professor from undertaking other paid employment, paid separately, provided that the aims of the scheme are not compromised.
*please note that, depending on individual fellows' circumstances, this stipend may in some instances be taxed in accordance with HMRC regulations.