- Narendar Pani, "Globalization, Group Autonomy, and Political Space: Negotiating Globalized Interests in an Indian City", Seminar on The Social Dynamics of the Urban, Indian Institute of Advanced Study, Shimla, 10–11 June 2013 (Draft for discussion, please do not cite)
- Surinder S. Jodkhka, "Caste and Power in the Lands of Agri-Culture. Revisting Rural North-West India"
- Paramjit S. Judge, "Changing Caste Relations and Emerging Contestations in Punjab"
- Devika, "Getting Beyond Governmental Category: Contemporary Dalit Assertions in Kerala"
- Jagpal Singh, "Can Dalits Also Form A Dominant Caste? Changing Patterns of Power Relations in Rural Uttar Pradesh"
- Sudha Pai, "Land, Caste and Power: Politics of Land Distribution to Dalits in Madhya Pradesh"
- James Manor, "The Declining Power of Caste Hierarchies and Abram de Swaan's Concept of a 'Social Consciousness'"
- Sukhadeo Thorat, "Dynamics of Caste System - Exploring the Complexity of Changes and Causation"
- Manish Thakur, "Caste and the Democratic Imaginary: Notes from Bihar"
- K. Gopal Iyer, "Caste Hierarchy and Class Hierarchy: A Comparative Study of Tamil Nadu and Bihar"
- Jan Breman, "From Hierarchy to Inequality; From a Social Consciousness Based on Caste to One on Class"
- Yogesh Kumar and D.C. Sah, "Caste Hierarchies and Substantive Discrimination through NREGA"
- G.K. Karanth, "In Search of a New Vocabulary: A Preliminary Note on Caste and its Emerging 'System'"
- James Manor, "The Implications of the Declining Power of Caste Hierarchies in Rural India: Issues for the Shimla Conference"
- Satish K. Sharma, "Persisting Hierarchies Perpetuating Inequalities. Historically Lived Realities of Dalits in Rural Himachal Pradesh"
- D.L. Sheth, "Caste and Exclusion: Issues of Theory and Policy"
- Masoon Alam Falahi, "Caste and Caste Based Discriminations Among Indian Muslims"
- John Harriss, "Notes on Caste and Class - partly critical of Manor's arguments on the declining power of caste hiearchies"